How Hospitals Handle Fluctuating Steam Demands
A hospital would not be able to function without a reliable steam boiler system. After all, steam is used to heat the facility, sterilize medical equipment, provide optimal humidity levels, wash laundry, as well as prepare food for patients, staff, and visitors. A hospital steam boiler plant must be powerful enough to meet the steam load needs of all of these necessary activities.
Of course, a hospital isn’t always operating under the same exact steam needs. The demand for steam power fluctuates from season to season or even from day to day. Running a boiler at peak capacity when steam needs are low is a waste of energy, fuel, and money.
So, what’s the best way for hospitals to handle fluctuating steam demands? The answer is a modular boiler system.
Improving hospital efficiency with modular boilers
A modular boiler system functions like a single boiler, despite being made up of individual boilers that run independently with their own burners. Because the units can be turned on and off depending on the precise amount of steam needed at any given time, a facility never produces more steam than it needs. This improved efficiency helps hospitals conserve energy and save money. In fact, facilities that make the switch to a Miura modular boiler system enjoy an average 20% savings in annual fuel costs.
In addition to the improved efficiency and outstanding cost savings, there are several other reasons why hospitals choose Miura modular boiler systems:
- Flexible scalability: Changing facility needs? Add or remove boilers from your modular system with ease.
- Speedy start-up: Our boilers produce on-demand steam from a cold start in less than five minutes.
- Monitoring and maintenance: Avoid downtime and extend the life of your boiler(s) with our user-friendly monitoring and maintenance systems.
- Compact footprint: Our EX boilers take up 33% less space than a typical firetube boiler, and our LX boilers are even smaller.
- Reduced CO2 and NOx emissions: Miura is a leader in low-emission boiler technology.
- Unparalleled safety record: Miura watertube boilers are safer by design.
The best industrial boilers for hospitals
When configured as a modular system, Miura’s EX and LX steam boilers are uniquely equipped to handle the fluctuating steam load demands of major hospitals other healthcare facilities. Over the years, Miura industrial low NOx boilers have established a reputation for their efficiency, reliability, and safety. No wonder why they are trusted by many healthcare providers across the U.S., including Southeastern Healthcare, UnityPoint Health-Meriter, Manchester Memorial Hospital, Intermountain Healthcare, among others.