The Benefits of Using Miura Online Maintenance (MOM)
Miura boilers are already built for maximum efficiency and performance without a lot of downtime or maintenance. One of the ways we take that efficiency even further is through the Miura Online Maintenance System (MOM), a state-of-the-art boiler maintenance system designed to detect and resolve issues with your boiler system before they have a chance to take root.
What is Miura Online Maintenance?
MOM is a maintenance system and monitoring solution that interfaces with your Miura boiler control system, BP multiple installation Controller, MW water softeners, CMU, and WP2 water treatment controller to capture real-time data about your system’s performance and operating conditions. MOM then makes that information accessible via 3G cellular directly to trained Miura technicians. This system instantly detects and reports cautions and alarms so they can be addressed and resolved before they cascade into larger, more disruptive problems.
What Are the Benefits of Using MOM?
How does Miura Online Maintenance enhance your boiler’s overall efficiency? Let’s explore some of the benefits:
- Seamless communication. The system transmits operational logs with temperature and flow rates to help you measure your system’s efficiency and performance.
- Makes troubleshooting a breeze. When something goes wrong with your system, you don’t have to search for the proverbial needle in a haystack to identify the source of the problem. MOM pinpoints the issue for you, so you know exactly where to look to fix it.
- Helps stop failures before they start. MOM allows you to be proactive in keeping your boiler system operating smoothly. Your system’s onboard BL Micro Controller monitors your boiler and can detect cautions and alarm notifications up to 4 seconds before they occur, then transmit this information via MOM. When problems arise, MOM can also connect your boiler directly to our engineering experts via a dedicated 3G Cellular connection so we can help you intercept the issue.
- Reduces downtime and maintenance costs. Proactive maintenance is much less expensive than downtime repairs. When you have access to real-time data, you can address smaller maintenance issues before they turn into large ones. This reduces your overall downtime and improves your company’s productivity.
- Enhances an already efficient system. Miura boilers are already extremely energy efficient, but by monitoring and reporting exceptions at the initial stage, MOM helps you stay ahead of issues that could affect that efficiency.
- Helps extend the life expectancy of your boiler systems. When your boilers can operate at maximum efficiency with fewer interruptions, they can also operate longer. Breakdowns and system failures can be repaired, but they can also cause wear-and-tear on your systems, ultimately reducing their life expectancy. MOM helps ensure you benefit from the full value of your boilers over time.
Remote Boiler Monitoring
One key feature of MOM — and one of the features that make our boilers so safe — is the ability of Miura to monitor the boilers remotely. Through remote monitoring, Miura’s highly trained maintenance technicians and skilled sales engineers located throughout the country can connect to an enabled Miura boiler and access real-time data, including operational logs, boiler temperature, boiler efficiency, and flow rates. This data allows them to detect any possible problems and solve them before they become bigger issues. Even if there isn’t an obvious problem for those working on-site, Miura’s remote monitoring system will reveal if something isn’t right with the boiler.
Giving Miura’s representatives and engineering experts remote access to monitoring makes it easier for boiler operators to troubleshoot with in-house technicians and perform preventative maintenance. Additionally, with the MOM system, there’s no need for boiler room attendants to explain what’s going on because Miura experts will already know, ensuring that nothing gets lost in translation. And if your on-site workers can’t perform the repairs and/or the problem can’t be resolved remotely, one of Miura’s off-site technicians can come on-site to perform additional troubleshooting and repairs.