Purpose of position:
Plans entire manufacturing schedule of the plant and maintains the data in the MRP system. Creates work orders based on sales forecasts and actual orders. Develops and maintains schedules by department to insure maximum proficiency. To maintain inventory accuracy,planner must check daily work order status and support production to keep process “start date” and “end date”. Planner also prepares various reports for management regarding planning, inventory,number of boilers made, standard capacity, and workloads. Ensures orders are complete and ready to ship on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adjusts and maintain efficient schedules.
2. Create work orders.
3. Check open W/O status with production LH and take necessary action daily (e.g. complete W/O and no postpone W/O. etc.
4. Maintain good communication with production supervisor and each department LH daily basis.
5. Run MRP and check automatic parts shortage and manual parts shortage.
6. Maintain good communication with purchasing If there is any purchase parts shortage due to short L/T or inventory shortage and take prompt action for it.
7. Maintain boiler stock list.
8. Work with engineers on BOM changes/issues.
9. Review BOM to make sure if the parts are in factory inventory to use for the orders before creating W/O.
10. Maintain work order’s composition, standard time/standard days.
11. Conduct physical inventory and cycle count. Maintain accuracy inventory for entire factory. The investigation will be required if there is any variances between data and actual count.
12. Other duties may be assigned.
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off